Risk on flows today
Looking at the ranges and changes, the NZDUSD is the biggest mover and also near session highs as it has trended higher today. The USDCAD, AUDUSD are also showing USD weakness. The EURUSD and the USDCHF have erased earlier gains and are now near unchanged on the day.
In other markets
- Spot gold is trading down -$1.11 or -0.06% at $1777.95
- Spot silver is down $0.18 or -0.7% $26.32.
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $0.80 or 1.22% at $66.49
- Bitcoin is trading up $520 or 0.95% have $55,296. Dogecoin is higher today in anticipation that Elon Musk will mention the digital currency during his hosting of SNL this weekend (UGH).
In the premarket for US stocks, the major indices have moved higher in premarket trading. The Dow industrial average was the only index which closed higher yesterday after a late day surge. The NASDAQ index felt -261 points or -1.88%
- Dow industrial average – +80.97 points
- S&P index – +18.34 points
- NASDAQ index +101 points
In the European equity markets, the major indices are also trading higher:
- German Dax, +1.51%
- France’s CAC +0.9%
- UK’s FTSE 100, +1.2%
- Spain’s Ibex, +1%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, +1.4%
In the US debt market, the yields are marginally higher with a tilt to the upside in the two – 10 year yield spread.