Looks like a repeat from yesterday
Yesterday the major indices all opened higher with the NASDAQ leading the way. The gains were okay, not great. We are saying a similar open today. PS yesterday the major indices all fell modestly by the close.
- S&P index +7.67 points or 0.17% at 4195.58
- NASDAQ index up 44 points or 0.32% at 13701.50
- Dow up 79.4 points or 0.23% at 34392.
In other markets as US stock trading gets underway:
- Spot gold, plus $7.50 or 0.39% $1906.52
- spot silver is now down -3 cents or -0.13% at $27.97
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $0.35 or -0.53% at $65.71
- The price of bitcoin is trading up $1853 or 4.89% at $39,476
In the US debt market, yields remain marginally higher.
In the early North American session, the US dollar has seen a move more to the upside. The New Zealand dollar remains the strongest of the majors by far. The Canadian dollar has moved sharply lower and is now the weakest of the majors followed by the EUR.