NASDAQ erases premarket losses
The major US indices are trading higher in early near trading. The NASDAQ index was lower for most of the premarket trading but has moved into the black.
A snapshot of the market currently shows:
- NASDAQ index +30.30 points or 0.21% at 14792.89
- Dow industrial average +188 points or 0.54% 35,119
- S&P index up 19.46 points or 0.44% at 4420.10
In other markets as US stock trading gets underway:
- Spot gold is up $20.04 or 1.12% $1826.70.
- Silver is up $0.61 or 2.48% $25.58
- WTI crude oil futures are up $0.42 or 0.58% at $72.81
- Bitcoin is currently trading at $39,827. That’s down couple hundred dollars in trading today
In the Forex market, the GBP is the strongest of the majors – taking over that spot from the NZD at the start of the NA session. The USD range the weakest of the majors with the AUD just behind it. US GDP came in weaker than expectations. The initial jobless claims were also a touch weaker and still above the 400 K level. The monthly US jobs report will be released next Friday.